Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lindley is growing like a weed! She is getting so tall and of course, has a mind of her own. She is always testing her parents. She just came in the computer room while I am typing this with my pajama shorts over her head and dragging our kitchen towel around on the floor. She creates more laundry!!!! Brian tries to help out, but he just checked his laundrey and yelled that he washed a couple of her dresses with a red t-shirt and now one is pink and the other is green with pink polk-a-dots! I think I am going to go crazy!!!! At least his is trying to be helpful. He is excellent at changing diapers....and Lindley goes through them...believe me! I think we are going to have to get part-time jobs just to buy her diapers!

It has been a crazy and busy week. Each day we had somewhere to go or visitors. Lindley loves going places (I think she gets bored at home!) and having friends and family visit. Since it was Grandparents Day, she spent time with both Grandma Sherri and Granny Kliethermes. She made salsa at Granny K's house and now says salsa! She loved her Uncle Joe's cookies that he baked. She told him they were mmmmmm as she rubbed her tummy. The week sped by and now it is already Sunday. I only have two more weeks at home. It will be hard going back to work. I love staying home with her.

On Sat. we went to Madison's with our "waiting friends" in our adoption group. Brian and Sara are so close! 18 more days of referrals! They hope to receive a referral in November or December. It was so good to see the Lanes, Silvers and Tamara too. We hope that the time will go quickly for each of these families so they may share the joy of being united with a little girl they can call their own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hay you three, Jerry and Haileigh and I are happy to see that you are all doing well. Lindley is getting be a big girl, and what a beautyful smile. Mom has a blast with her I bet, we hope that you can come see use in Boonville. We are all looking forward to seeing Lindley. I will tell you know that Wal-Mart is the best place to get diapers at a low coast. God bless you all and call any time.

LOVE!
Jerry, Samantha, & Haileigh

Ready for school.

Ready for school.
Ready for school.

Kindergarten

Kindergarten
First day of school.

Congrats, Jennifer and Jake!

Congrats, Jennifer and Jake!
Congrats, Jennifer and Jake!

Flower girl

Flower girl
Lindley wore the dress that Jennifer wore as minature bride in my wedding.

The bride!

The bride!
Jennifer made a beautiful bride!

wedding

wedding
Lindley's hair at the wedding.

Sherri

Sherri
We will miss you, Grandma Sherri.

cracking egg

cracking egg
Making cookies

Lindley and Kari's cooled off by having a lemonade stand.

Lindley and Kari's cooled off by having a lemonade stand.

Relaxing in the sun!

Relaxing in the sun!

Our friends in Versailles gave us a buggy ride.

Our friends in Versailles gave us a buggy ride.

Miss Sunshine

Miss Sunshine

I love this way of life!

I love this way of life!