Lindley is almost 2! The last few months have been busy. We did a trip to KC. Lindley did awesome in the car. She was so good. We traveled to our agency Holt International's Chinese New Year. Lindley had a blast. The food was so good! You will see a few photos from the event. It was a little hard keeping up with the dragon as the kids were trying to following it and while trying to do so, they were running into parents trying to catch the action on camera. Lindley met lots of new friends from all over the world.
After the event, we visited some friends that I went to college with. We are so blessed to have good friends like the Gilberts and Kelley's. Dana, Rose and I have been friends for more than 20 years and it seems like yesterday, we were all living in Yeater Hall in Warrensburg. Lindley made herself at home at Rose's house. She loved playing with Kenny who is 18 months and full of life and miss Anna Kelley who is 5. I think Anna is going to be a model. She is tall, thin, blonde, blue-eyed, and beautiful! Some of Rose's family came to visit while we were there and Dana brought her parents, H and Bill. I so enjoy being around both families and feel at home when I am around them. They are like second family. Lindley sensed it too as she wasn't a bit shy around them.
She is doing pretty well with the potty training. She will be transitioning into the "big" kid class at day care so we are really working on the potty training. She really enjoys day care.
Lindley is ready for Easter. She painted her first Easter egg at Katy's Ceramics. I was so proud of her for not touching any of the teacher's "pretties!" Lindley was very excited when I poured a little paint into a cup and handed her a brush. She tried cracking the egg. Luckily it didn't break. It is very colorful. We will display it in her little Easter basket that her mom is painting!
Our next trip is to St. Louis. We hope Lindley travels as well in the car as she did to and from KC. While visiting family, we may also go to the zoo. Hopefully they won't keep Lindley because sometimes she is a monkey and other times she's a bear! Those terrible 2's have hit!!!!!!
2 comments:
oh my gosh she is getting so big!
happy mommy's day!
Post a Comment